Sign in to follow this  
Eevo

Legal Stuff, Regency, Modification, Defects Q's and FAQ

to get a permit you have to go into a service sa and fill a form out. take your rego papers with you coz you need vin/engine numbers. you also have to list the specific roads youre going to use and what time you want the permit for. the permit can last upto 72hrs so make sure they dont try and screw you out of that. also i know mates who have just written "via all main roads" instead of listing every single road but thats never worked for me. and its about $60 now.

as for the plates just hand the old ones in before you re register the car then youll get issued new ones. also you dont need plates to get the permit.

I did a permit to get my car from Port Augusta to Regency for a inspection to have a defect removed. I stated I will use all necessaryroads between my house address and the inspection address. The lady at the desk told me that wasn't adequate enough and made me individually name each road/street I will be using.

This is getting to be a joke has anyone else been defected lately?

Also how do these work as i got defected for ride height yet it is stock height and with in spec can i make a booking and then go to a cop shop after my 72 hour period and get the car ok to drive till my booking ?

as i am going to jack the car up even though my s15 is already OEM height to rub it in but parts wont be here till Tuesday 

My car hides in the shed 99% of the time so doesn't get the opportunity to get defected. However when I do get it out it often results in a defect.

Check out this site, it shows what your height and track can be as a minimum. https://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/15261/Passenger-Car-Track-list-2.15.pdf

Unfortunately cops can defect you for suspicion and have you go to regency to have such defect to be verified to be legal or not. I've been defected for some really stupid shit before. I've even had the inspectors at regency laugh at me when I gave them my defect notice and they read what its been defected for. 

I know you can drive a defected car between home and places of repair if the car is registered. I believed you could get approval to drive a defected car if its still registered if it's been booked in for a inspection but best double check.